Christmas Presents?

TommyP

Probably about the same as yours

1000 HP gasoline carb that instead of using the small fuel port 4150 metering block configuration, we internally upgrade to dominator metering on a 4150 size carburetor.

The Dominator style metering 1000 really steps things up as compared to a normal 4150. It has those big port passages (unlike the small fuel port 4150 standard metering configuration), perfect for your big block engine (they pulse real hard and love big fuel port passages).

This design offers faster acceleration and shift recovery over a standard 4150 as it has a metering design much like a Dominator, but on a 4150 package. It really gets rid of lean launch conditions, lean shift spikes. It'll probably flow in the 940-980 real cfm range.

Thanks Steve,

It is good to be a part of this group of people who has the passion for the first gen Monte as I do. I hope one day you guys make a meet closer to the east coast so I can meet some of you guys and see some great Monte's.

Mike

Jim Mitkis (sorry if I misspelled that jim) offered me either steel or kevlar replacement clutches.. not sure which way I'm gonna go yet.. I may even end up driving the center section down to ohio and letting Jim rebuild it for me.. guess we'll see when the money is there! at 700hp scott, I don't think my 10bolt would last very long on slicks lol.

Hey Tim, before you get those, I would check around. I have heard that the good old fashioned normal ones actually hold up better to pressure etc. I have the Kevlar in my car and they have been good so far but some others have claimed to blow the kevlar clutches to pieces once they get around 700 hp. I know you're not there yet, but you might want to talk to the guys at Eaton or Monaz and see what they have to say before you drop the coin!

Mike, Welcome to the FGMCC family. I have found this site to be an unlimited resource for the FG Monte Carlo but have also met and developed many friends from this website. I live on Long Island ( NY )and am surrounded by many other proud Monte owners. What is better than driving down to the beach or a local show in your Monte (with other FGMCC members and their cars)and showing eight or more FG Montes on a weekly basis? It is also great to be able to call a fellow member for a hand with a project or consult on an issue or problem or find parts. I hope your experiences will be as good as mine have been. Enjoy your Monte and the FGMCC Family.

It may have to do. Somewhere in NE would be nice or NJ or NY. smile

I definetly want to be a part of a FGMCC gathering. To be able to see all them Montes in one place must be AWESOME!

Have to try to make the OH trip this year.