A/C Hoses

70 Iron

Good Morning Monte Nation.

I am in need for the A/C suction and discharge hoses from the POA to the compress and to the condenser.I need it for the 70 with the muffler.Do any of you guys know any supliers that has these?I see them for Chevelles which are too short but not any for Montes. Oldmusclecars.com has them pictured but they don't show a muffler on it,unless the pic is wrong.I will call them tomorrow and ask. Thanks

Terry

A follow up on these hoses.

I'm waiting to hear from Leo on them. I checked with the Parts Place also and found out that they list a # for the Monte and another # for the Chevelle,but are really a Chevelle and said you need to modify them for the Monte.They don't say that on their ad and is miss leading.

Terry

Well Terry at the risk of starting something OPGI does show one for the '70 at $169. You might give them a try I have about a 50/50 success rate with them. If not check with Leo's regional sales manager and see if a response can be expedited, I think his name is Tim.... crazy

we are checking right now , we have had the same problem in the past many of the big parts houses list chevelle parts as interchangable to the monte however when they arrive thay are chevelle only , i have not located a source new for the correct length lines , we are looking at some other sources right now ,old air products may be a good choice but i would make sure they are not chevelle as they will be short and need extensions made

Leo

Old Air Products list different part #'s for Chevelle:

95-0423 AC Hose Assembly

Hose Assembly, Chevrolet, Chevelle, w/ Muffler, 69-71 *w/ Big Block V-8 $145.00

95-0424 AC Hose

Hose, Liquid Line, Chevrolet, Chevelle, 70-72 *w/ V-8

Monte is listed as P.N. 95-0431 so I would suspect it is a correct part # and not the Chevelle one.

Hi all,

If Leo doesn't come up with any ,I'll try Old Air Rich.I will call them and see if they are different from the Chevelle.The Parts Place also list a seperate # for the Montes and another for the Chevelles but are really for the Chevelle.

I had my hoses replaced 2 yrs ago. They reused my ends and where they cut and rewelded the small AL tube from front of the muffler now has a very small pin hole and the oil and the R12 is just seeping out without much pressure.

I mixed up some J B weld and put some on a small pc of rubber and clamped it so I would'nt loose the all so vauable R12.Its not leaking and will probably last forever,but if I can get a new setup I'll replace it at some time.

Davy,are you trying to get Tim ratteled :-) ?

I just heard from Old Air Products,

They say that the ones we sell "Are sold AS FOR the monte Carlo" but fall short from saying that Yes they are and will fit the Monte.And they don't have a muffler on them like the 1970 Monte.

I can have mine repaired if I remove it.I need to find a place that will weld the pin hole in the AL.The rubber with JB weld is holding the leak for now so maybe someone will come up with a new setup in the future.

Terry

Hey Tim,Did you get your commision from Leo ? laugh

Leo come through with my hose setup grin.Great person to deal with and nice to chat with ! Thanks Leo coffee

Terry