How to tell a real SS

Guest badgto

What can I look for to tell a real SS in 70? I am currently looking at one, and was wondering if say, the build sheet wasn't available, or the engine isn't original? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Hey welcome Robert....you might want to read through the SS454 forum and see what posts might help you out. Andreas posted a link to our tech section that will give you a good idea.

There really are only two ways to know for sure if a car is a true SS...one, a build sheet and two, an invoice (window sticker) but even these are starting to get reproduced.

All of the things in the tech section will help to improve the odds on a car being real. I think the two things that most people cloning would miss or not go to the truble to do are the shock protectors and the air lines that run through the chassis.

'70 has the highest production run so there's a few more out there...if you have a specific question ask, there are a lot of guys around here that really know this stuff...good luck...Davey

Check the link Andreas "first responder" left you. Should give you everything you need to know. Good luck. There are a lot of fakes out there (many sellers not even aware) but the good thing is most do not do a complete job. Most just drop in a big block and add the emblems.

If you come across one you are interested in we will help you discern the true integrity.

Dan