NEW EM RACE POLL

Capri's 71 SS

Alrighty, I now have additional info for those wishing to race their monte's during the 11th Annual Eastern Meet this June. Please make your NEW selection(s) and we'll take it from there. Be sure to tell your buddies to log on & vote, too!

Please remember that although the meet seems far away (a mere 125 days), we need to lock in on club activities before then.

OPTION 1: Dragway 42: Private track rental $50/car & driver (with 10 racers). Rental is for 3 hours and will be either Thursday or Friday afternoon

OPTION 2: Dragway 42: Race on Friday evening during regular business hours $15/car & driver.

OPTION 3: Race during Super Chevy:Summit Raceway Park would like all that attend the Super Chevy Show to be able to participate in as many activities as possible. In the past, you had to choose to either race or be in the car show. Bill Bader has agreed to allow anyone to do both. The only catch is that you are taking a chance by racing that your car may not be on the show field when the judges come through.

The cost is $60 which allows you to participate in time trials on Friday, Saturday and the Sunday Main Event. RACE COST is in ADDITION to your regular weekend show pass costs. (Stay tuned for those details.....)

And/Or you may also do $35 which allows you to participate in the Saturday Bonus Race.

The Bonus Race details are:

Box

Win ($1,200), R/U ($500), Semi ($200), Quarter ($100)

No Box

Win ($1,200), R/U ($500), Semi ($200), Quarter ($100)

Total Posted Purse = $5,000

Here is the tentative schedule for Super Chevy Weekend at Norwalk:

The schedule is as follows:

Friday, June 11

Gate Open:.................................. 8:00 a.m.

Time Trials (2):.......................... 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Saturday, June 12

Gates Open:.................................8:00 a.m.

Time Trials (2):...........................9:00 a.m.

Box & No Box Bonus Race:... 3:00 p.m.

Car Show Awards:..................... to be announced

Pre Race:..................................... 6:30 p.m.

Feature Rounds:........................ 7:00 p.m. & 9:00 p.m.

Sunday, June 13

Gates Open:............................... 8:00 a.m.

Main Event Eliminations:...... 9:00 a.m.

Pre Race:.................................... 1:00 p.m.

Feature Rounds:....................... 1:30 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.

Car Show Awards:.................... to be announced

Also, Greg said he will have his truck & trailer hooked up & ready to go (at home) just in case of any misshaps - he is ready to go to lend a hand!

Where is everyone? Where is all the northern people, especially the MICHIGAN folks? Not going to this one either? I am pretty sure thats one reason for having it in Ohio. - Dave

Well, I'm kind-of embarrassed. I didn't read the instructions and only voted for one. I would have to say I would do any one of the three although the third one, on saturday, kind-of intimidates me. - Dave