Re; 72 SS

Thumper72

• 2 months later...

I hate to bring this back up but yesterday at the local fall festival / car show he comes rolling in with "Mr.Bogus"....just so happens there was a gentleman there with a 70 that he bought new (really nice car) that noticed him putting out all his trophies and signage denoting it as 72 SS 454. The gent turned to me and says....."who is this clown trying to fool"....I just cracked up. Great weather, great cars, great friends...just a fun day.

Oh yeah....we didn't win but Mr. Bogus didn't either...LOL !!

Where the heck does "Mr Bogus" hang out in GA anyway?

He hangs out around Gainesville, Flowery Branch, Buford area. We are up around Lake Lanier. You can't miss him....LOL It's white with a tan top and he spreads his trophies out all around the front of it on the ground...LMAO

Originally Posted By: meddac
Where the heck does "Mr Bogus" hang out in GA anyway?

He hangs out around Gainesville, Flowery Branch, Buford area. We are up around Lake Lanier. You can't miss him....LOL It's white with a tan top and he spreads his trophies out all around the front of it on the ground...LMAO

do they have a guy with a bowling ball on top of them? crazy

This thread cracks me up. Reminds me of a couple stories. BTW, when I was a senior in high school, I had a 72 forest green with a tan vinyl top. I ripped the top off as well. Guess we're down to 10 of them. Unless there were only 10 white with tan tops... LOL. I doubt it.

Anyway, to the story... I used to own a 70 chevelle. 2 door 300 model, or whatever they were. Needed work. Front end was smashed in. Bad. Pushed up into a "V". So one day i'm out working on it and this guy stops in a 78 or 79 Malibu. Wants to buy my car, but when I tell him no, he starts bragging up his car. Tells me it has the factory 370 in it. No, I didn't transpose those numbers. I shrug it off. He keeps digging holes and I let him.

So finally, this guy tells me he knows a guy with a front end for my Chevelle. I said, "A '70 front end, really?" He says, "Well, it's a 69, but it will fit." My reply is, "No, a 70 will only fit a 70. A 69 has a header panel where the hood on mine goes to the grille. Plus the grille, headlights, etc. are all different."

You would've guess that would end the conversation, but the guy then says, "Well this is a 69 1/2 special edition and it will fit both." I just turned and walked back into my house...

Now I don't know a ton about cars, but then again, I don't claim to know things that I don't.

Here's your 72 SS, when you said white w/ tan top and spread a bunch of trophies I knew exactly the car.... I didn't hang around to talk to him that long.

He comes to the Clarkesville, GA show, he's been there the last several years, this pic was this year. Notice my 70 sitting on left at the top.

41226146635539218516325.jpg

BINGO !!! Jared...you are the man !! That's him !! LMAO.. DID he tell you how his is Sooo rare ?? This is so funny...

Yours looks great. I'd like to see more of it. smile

We need to get together sometime at one of the shows.

BINGO !!! Jared...you are the man !! That's him !! LMAO.. DID he tell you how his is Sooo rare ?? Don't look down the sides of his...you will get seasick.

Yours looks great. I'd like to see more of it. smile

We need to get together sometime at one of the shows.

Thanks, no he never did go into how rare it was, I do know its a Big Block car, I seen the vin, but can't remember if its a U or W code, I think it is a W code.

Its rare if its indeed a W car, one less than 1200 built, but it ain't no SS!

Yes will have to get together at a show, how far from Clarkesville, GA are you from?

I'm about an hour away from Clarksville. I'll try to make the next one up there.

Would it work to "Take The Last Train..."? grin

Seriously, though, it would be cool if you guys could meet up. smile

Originally Posted By: Thumpber72
That guy is so shady and lies so much I don't believe anything he says.

Awwwww, you don't have to be that hard on him. After all, I'll bet it's got the "SS dashboard"! wink

Dave

The only way to really know are the SS tags on the floor in front of the stock Hurst shifter...

th_montespring08005.jpg

Guys this is the only way to know for sure.lol

Are the trophies for that car.

Is it that nice of a car to have won those trophies??

Well Mike....LOL...there is a story behind those. It would take a bench racing/beer tasting session to explain. He probably did win most of those with that car since it was redone.

He also has a 55 Chevy that may have donated a few of those.

The car is not really that bad...he threw all kinda money at it....but some of the work is not the highest quality that he paid to have done.

The owner....on the other hand is a real piece of work.

Well Mike....LOL...there is a story behind those. It would take a bench racing/beer tasting session to explain. He probably did win most of those with that car since it was redone.

He also has a 55 Chevy that may have donated a few of those.

The car is not really that bad...he threw all kinda money at it....but some of the work is not the highest quality that he paid to have done.

The owner....on the other hand is a real piece of work.

dittodittoditto

You hit the nail on the head, he was telling me about how much he paid to have that rear 72 trim set CHROMED and they didn't even take any dents out at all.

Originally Posted By: Thumper72
The owner....on the other hand is a real piece of work. He also has a 55 Chevy...

Does the '55 have factory buckets and tri-power carburetion? grin

Dave

No...LOL.....but it does have questionable bodywork and loads of glitz under 'da hood. But you got to step over all the trophies to see it.