fuel pumps

monte70car

Went to swap out the fuel pump on monte420's small block tonight and ran into a problem. She brought this pump Holley 12-327-11 Mechanical Fuel Pump which says it will fits but it hits the cross member on the side and where the motor mount bolts. We are replacing it the org. one as it leaks gas out of the pump of the pump. Anyone else use that pump number if so what all did you have to do to get it fit.

The owner was supposed to call a local parts house we know a guy at and see if he has a stock pump, I also gave her the option of running an elec. pump which will be easy to hook up since power is already in place. I was able to turn the bottom half of the Holley pump so it would work but then it hit, I try and grab some pictures later today.

that will hit when the engine torques over in the cradle.

my air cleaner moves over almost 3 inches when I nail it from a stand still and it moves towards the passenger side...

it won't rock much in park ert.. the problem is when it's in gear and there is 'reverse torque' from the drive train

the driveshaft tries to turn one way, and the engine is going to try and turn the other way in the cradle.

trust me, it WILL hit.

it's also possible it's already hitting, and the engine isn't rocking because the fuel pump is crammed up against the frame and stopping it. I would seriously advise against running it like that.