Made it back to the track

Jared Richey

Got back to the Track Friday night...

Ran a best of 7.56@90 MPH through the mufflers.

60 foots were in the 1.6s

Best reaction was a .010

When I was in the staging lanes, a 2000ish camaro and a 80s Malibu raced for some $$$. Well they didn't stop racing at the 1/8 mile, the Malibu lost control past where the old 1/4 mile used to be in the 1970s, hit the Camaro in the door (guy drove Camaro down there) totaling both cars, Malibu also hit a tree. The Camaro did not have a roll bar, I don't see how either of them didn't get thereselves killed. The Camaro was hit so hard in the A pillar/door it busted the dash! The announcer came over the P-A system and said what had happened, everyone that seen the race said you could hear the Camaro still grabbing gears well past the scoreboards which is about a 1/16 mile past the finish line.

Good to see you back at the track! Those two guys were nuts. There was a guy at the track yesterday with a new Camaro, it had lots of motor work done by Ron Hutter performance. He ripped off a 10.13 pass and they told him to park it. No bar

How long did they shut the track down? It's bad enough when a guys car breaks and dumps fluid on the track but when somebody is screwing around like that and then gets the track shut down for an extended period of time they should have to reimburse all the other people. I imagine the guy in the Camaro is gonna try and tell his insurance he wrecked it on the highway... crazy

Great Job Jared!!! cool Did you make any changes to the car since your last trip? It is a wonder the other racers there didn't run those two knuckle heads off with torches and pitchforks after that stunt. mad

David

This was really the first good trip back this year, besides that fiasco about a month ago blowing a header gasket and driving back pouring down rain.

I've made 0 changes to the car itself, maybe its time to get in touch with Patrick and see if they are any changes I can make to help out with the carb. Although it seems to run flawless. grin

You can really see and feel that suspension work coming off the line for sure.

The track was shut down for about 45 minutes atleast!!

Jared, it appears like you do not have a helmet on in the picture...then again it looks like you are bald headed too so maybe it's an illusion. Soooo what is it...no helmet and you shaved your head... lol

Yeah I have on a helmet, just not a full face one. I got the kind like Dale Earnhardt wore.

And I still got hair on my head, not much just like at the East Meet. I still look the same. lol

Originally Posted By: Jared Richey

You're gettin there kid. Just barely behind my little mouse... 7.499 @ 92.44

It has went 7.41@92 gringringrin

Originally Posted By: Winston Wolf
Originally Posted By: Jared Richey

You're gettin there kid. Just barely behind my little mouse... 7.499 @ 92.44

It has went 7.41@92 gringringrin

Well, Allow me to retort!