My New Combo

Andy's Auto

Wanna play a game? Gonna go nuts on my 68 Chevelle. Currently she wears a bone stock freeze plug leaking, oil leaking, smoking 402 out of a 72 rust belt Monte, a TH400 and a 3.75 8.5 28 spline ten bolt posi.

Here is the plan. I had my 454 4 bolt sleeved and punched .100 over. I bought a new Callies 4.25 stroke streel crank. Rods are Eagle I beam 6.385 forged. Pistons are Mahle (pronounced mooly) .385 custom domed. Cam choice is a custom ground solid roller. .678 int.706 ex nitrous cam cut on 107 degree center. It is a solid roller.

Heads are Crazey Daveys aluminum square ports that I opened up with 2.30 intake and stock 1.88 exhaust Elgin stainless. The chambers were opened to 112cc to better fit the pistons. Got the bad boys flowing a solid 375 CFM with about four hours into each head. I picked up a set of Crane roller rockers. Induction is a Eddy Victor Dominator intake topped by a 1150 Holley.

Headers are Hooker 2 inch Super Comps/ They are used but in really good shape. Three inch tubes with RaceMagnums. Loud? Yeah, but it will be to the cruise ins and flatbedded to the track. Not really to get it there, just to make sure I can get it back. Last time I raced the Malibu I trailered it for a change. Good thing. I exploded a convertor at around 400 feet. The diaper and Ultrabell held it together and away from me and the track. It was 10:30 pm. I bought a rollback looking thing with a good running big block. I put a cowl hood on it and wrapped it with 70 Chevelle SS454 emblems.

My time frame is one month. What should this thing run? I am not looking for tens. But I think it should run mid 11.s all day. The car will be 3900 pounds with me in it. It is a real SS and a post car. But it is a good looking car with not alot of non restored stuff. And I spun a wheel and the Chevelle won.

so big boy...that's 505 correct? why wouldn't it run 10's? Mike's just about there with his full dress Monte....

follow me..I know where all the downhill tracks are.... crazy...Botkins out

What's the duration on the cam? Those Mahle's are the bomb.com, the German's know how to make a piston. I'm sure the motor will be plenty strong, it's the rest of the stuff that may put you on the trailer after a few runs. Roll cage, 5 point all done?

so big boy...that's 505 correct? why wouldn't it run 10's? Mike's just about there with his full dress Monte....

Davey, I am taking the mental approach. Lower my expectations and I wont be as let down. I do have a number in my head. 9.43@139.66 on a 250 single stage of nitrous. Go big or go home. Why not?

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte

Davey, I am taking the mental approach. Lower my expectations and I wont be as let down. I do have a number in my head. 9.43@139.66 on a 250 single stage of nitrous. Go big or go home. Why not?

Oh I see.....guess I should have figured your were going to spray it when you mentioned the cam was a nitrous grind. 250 shot..hummmm can I change may guess to 9.75?

David

What's the duration on the cam? Those Mahle's are the bomb.com, the German's know how to make a piston. I'm sure the motor will be plenty strong, it's the rest of the stuff that may put you on the trailer after a few runs. Roll cage, 5 point all done?

Wolfie, it is a 68 Chevelle, not a hampster. Cage? It is more like a street race at the track with some...uh...on track betting. You bring race gas, a few bottles of mechanical steroids. Bet the Guy your car can beat his, and make him promise not to hit his bottles with a road torch. You have to get used to talking smack, and talk as much as you can yourself. Cages scare them.

Yeah, not doing the Davey thing. I am my own team, and my brother is my pit crew.

Andy

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte
what's the Davey thing?? crazy

Nothing bad my hero. The Davey thing has been organized team racing. I just want to lighten a young brothers pocket by a few grand.

Andy

just want my role to be clear in all of this. My doctor says my self esteem is fragile and participating in organized events is key to my recovery. There is no I in team but there is a me if you move the letters around. I would love to lighten the pockets of the event organizers some day as the young brothers won't get off my lawn.... crazy

Cam finally came in. A Comp Cams solid roller. PN CB 308A-R10.

Specs out at .652 lift symetrical.

262 duration at .050

Quite a bit smaller than I wanted but I am not about to cut up those new Mahle pistons. Slow day so hopefully I can get thing thing done done by the end of the day.

Andy

most cool Andykins....I just ordered a Straub for Red's Monte today, see if we can wake that thing up for Pinks next month...I got an email from Rich asking me if I knew you...I said no..... crazy