help

Capri's 71 SS

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN MY DESKTOP COMPUTER WILL NOT COME ON? THE POWER BUTTON GOES TO A FLASHING YELLOW INSTEAD OF

GREEN POWER AND THE MINITOR POWER BUTTON STAYS YELLOW TOO.

HELP....DID MY HARD DRIVE JUST DIE OR IS THE TOWER DEAD?

Not being a computer tech, this reminds me of when my brothers Dell needed a new power supply. Easy fix but he had to use the DELL power supply because they do something to the wiring to force you to use their replacement parts. This was 4+ years ago. Good luck and how good is your back up?

Bruce

I just read that link - as foreign as it was to understand. Funny, we did lose power some time last night because we got up this morning to blinking clocks & the computer not turning on.

I guess I need to take it somewhere? really??? Or is it time for a new one? usb ports on the front? nothing is connected to them.

????????????????????????????????????

Thanks Allan & Ian - appreciate the help smile

So if it is the power supply & we replace that, will my hard drive and that still be good or have I lost everything because of this?

Does Greg need to wear grounding straps to replace the power supply?

It couldn't hurt to grab a back-up solution while you're doing computer purchases/swaps/etc.

A simple external hard-drive and some backup software, or something hosted in the 'cloud' such as http://mozy.com/ or http://www.backblaze.com/

That way, your computer can kick the bucket anytime it wants and all of your important stuff is elsewhere waiting to jump back onto your new computer/hard-drive.

Ha, next time I'll read the whole thread before replying.

i know.. for once we don't have to give the standard lecture about backing up your data smile