Spark plugs

Chevyss

The Monte is missing again (engine miss)!! It's happened before and we've pulled the plugs and cleaned them. It was good for a while, but since it was in for some body touch up it's started dropping a cylinder. We put a step hotter plug in it to help it so it won't load up.

What plug does everyone put in their BBCs? I never have had much luck with AC Delco plugs. What about Autolite?? ND or NGK??

Thanks in advance

I have always had good luck with the Autolite powertip plugs.

They are pretty basic, but seem to work well at a reasonable cost. Everybody has 'em too.

My engine just doesn't burn clean enough to make platinum plugs a worthwhile advantage....I end up changing them out well before they wear out anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second the NGK R8 plugs. I have straight cut threads in my heads and the NGK's are the only ones that fit my form and function. I can't comment on longevity as I replace my plugs every year no matter how many miles I put on my engine(Off the record a guy at MSD stated NGK's work best with their ignition).