Exact placement of engine, door, and trunk decals

cpmman

I'm not even sure GM had "exact" placements for all the decals. In some cases, the decals were poorly placed from the factory.

- The lid of the air cleaner is pretty straight forward.

- The "Keep your GM car all GM" decal on the driver's side of the air cleanr should face out the side of the car (correct me if I'm wrong).

- The Tonawanda Number 1 Team valve cover decal should be on the top of the passenger side valve cover near the front of the engine. My guess is roughly an inch or so back from the round edge of the valve cover.

- The coolant decal goes on the passenger side of the radiator tie down plate centered in the flat area between the two bolts. These decals were often put on crooked from the factory.

- The Emissions decal goes on the driver's side of the radiator tie down plate centered in the flat area between the two bolts.

- There should be a blue "Harrison" decal that goes on the lower part of the fiberglass housing mounted to the firewall. I've seen these in all different ways on that housing. I think the decal is supposed to be sideways but can't recall for sure.

-There should be a decal on the top of the AC compressor. I beleive this faces up when the compressor is mounted in place. I can't recall if you can read it from the front or the back of the compressor.

- The jack instructions goes on the underside of the trunklid on the passenger side. There is a large flat indented area to put it on. GM seemed to just put them in that general area and they were often crooked.

- The tire air pressure decal goes on the driver's door above where the catch is. Below the catch should be the blue sticker with the VIN and build date of the car.

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

When I got my 70 it only had 47,000 miles on it and was unmolested with all of it's original decals, tabs and markings. I really wish I took photos of all this stuff when I first got it. I only took photos of it after I painted the engine, etc. I did put my new decals back in the same general area they are supposed to be in.