Coolant leak

AndyBill402

I have a small coolant leak around the 2nd intake bolt from the front on the passenger side of my 71 Monte small block. There's a coolant passage right next to this bolt. I think the coolant is leaking past the gasket and up the bolt and out. I'm presently using Fel-Pro #1204 intake gaskets. They have the heat crossover block shield on them. I'm using the very common aluminum Edelbrock Performer intake and AFR heads with normal sized intake ports. The Fel-Pro 1204's are supposed to be fine for both iron and aluminum, but I would like to try something else when I replace the intake gaskets. What reputable intake gaskets with the heat crossover block is available in another brand.

I believe there are a couple of the intake manifold bolts that are directly over the water jacket channel & may need some sealant on them to seal in the water from escaping around them. Might be the cause of your leak!

Doug

I believe there are a couple of the intake manifold bolts that are directly over the water jacket channel & may need some sealant on them to seal in the water from escaping around them. Might be the cause of your leak!

Doug

I agree, drain approx 1 gallon or more of your coolant and pull each intake bolt do only one at a time clean the bolt, apply some thread sealer, re-install bolt wink