350 or 400??

Murphy

It's a TH350, square pan. Looks like I've got a leak where the speedocable attaches....Does that collar just spin off?

Next question, where are the markings on the rearend (differential)so I can determine exactly what I have?

My trans was leaking from the same spot. Channel locks will remove the nut with a twist. The speedometer driven gear inside is plastic and mine had wear on the shaft and I had to replace it. The housing it's in has an o-rings on the inside and outside that you'll want to replace.

The code for the rear axle is stamped on the front of the passenger axle housing, just outboard of the differential. Sam has a good picture that he may post for you or give you a link.

Dan

When you say its a square pan do you mean square with the one corner off or square? this is a 3 speed auto right. Some did come with powerglide which was a 2 speed auto. Just want to make sure you have the right info.