Motor VIN Number

blue&black7172

I recently bought a '71 Monte and the guy I bought it from said the motor in it is rare to the car,the number is #VO614CJD.It is a 350 4 bbl with a 12 bolt limited slip rear.My dad has had many of these cars but doesn't know anything about the numbers.Does anyone know if it rare or whats the numbers about?

V= Flint, Mi

06=June, 14th day

CJD= '71 350 w/TR 350 270hp

I would say it is original to this car. Thats about it.

Good buy. You will have to post pictures.

Got this info from NastyZ28.com.

Someone else should know if it is rare. Good Luck.

V= Flint, Mi

06=June, 14th day

CJD= '71 350 w/TR 350 270hp

I would say it is original to this car. Thats about it.

Good buy. You will have to post pictures.

Got this info from NastyZ28.com.

Someone else should know if it is rare. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info,it is original to the car,its an untouched original motor and runs great.

Cool. Then it is a rare find. I was told mine had the orig motor and trans but it wasn't. Do you have the build sheet to?

Well the guy I bought it from said he ran the numbers to the car and the car was built a week after the motor,I haven't looked to see if there is a build sheet.But it is a factory air car that works great.

Cool. mine was under my rear seat. Hopefully you will find one.

Oh, and Welcome to the site.

Thanks!I'll look under the seats within the week,got to take the seats out when the new carpet comes in.

Welcome Kevin. Sounds like you may have found an unmolested 71

Thanks,its in great shape,if i could figure out how to put pictures up,you'll be able to see.Motor is untouched along with the interior and both are in excellent condition,interior just needs carpet because one spot is rubbed away,paint is great,some minor rust bubbles,its an easy car to make show quality which is what me and my dad are going to turn it into.

350 4BBL original engine for the car sounds great! I love my stock 1971 350 4BBL numbers matching Monte Carlo. It runs great and I never need to fix anything on the engine. Chevrolet knows how to built them.

Bruce

350 4BBL original engine for the car sounds great! I love my stock 1971 350 4BBL numbers matching Monte Carlo. It runs great and I never need to fix anything on the engine. Chevrolet knows how to built them.

Bruce

I agree,they make great motors and great cars.I never had a problem with a chevy motor and what I use everyday is a Jeep and never had any problems out of that either,Ford is a different story,I always had problems with those.