Valve Covers

I have a set of standard 350 valve covers from a 72 El Camino that I painted chevy blue. They are in great/very good shape. I don't think there is any differance in the valve covers from 70-72 for chevelle, el camino, monte carlo, etc. They're just "plain jane" stamped steel covers with no exterior script or markings. - Dave

I have a set of standard 350 valve covers from a 72 El Camino that I painted chevy blue. They are in great/very good shape. I don't think there is any differance in the valve covers from 70-72 for chevelle, el camino, monte carlo, etc. They're just "plain jane" stamped steel covers with no exterior script or markings. - Dave

Ya gm used the same stamped steel valve covers on all most all chevy 305,350,and 400 pretty much all small blocks some may have the oil cap in a different spot but other then that 1958-1986 are the same as long as there the steel valve covers

Didn't 1970 have the "twist lock" type oil fill cap?

My 71 has the "rubber plug" on the driver side rear for the oil fill, with one small hole for the PCV valve near the front. On the passenger side, one hole at the rear area for the crank case to air filter tube.

Bruce