What fans

robs70monte

Should i go with a

2500 CFM 16inch fan no shroud (all ready have it)

or

Dual 10inch fans no shroud 1800 CFM Rating(each fan)3600 total

Im using a crappy 2 core radiator so its only about 21inches across im running a 160 thermostat and the fans turn on at 180'F and shuts off at 170'F

I got this on mine flx-410_w.jpgfans001.jpg the radiator is a 93 alumin van or truck radiator with plastic tanks.

SOOO MUCH ROOM! I can camp in that engine bay! I think I want new fans now...

I went throught this last year, and found that the Ford Taurus with the 3.8 V6 uses the same fan as the MKVIII.

This is a big help as the "U-pull-it" yards are full of Tauruses and darn few Lincolns...To make it even better, the fan is much easier to remove from a taurus! You darn near have to remove the whole front-end of a Lincoln to get the fan out, where the Taurus can be lifted straight out after undoing just 2 10mm bolts and sniping the wires.

I also browsed around and found some great relay blocks with fuses and diodes from a Chrysler nearby...no bolts holding this in, it just snaps in place, but you have to cut a bundle of wires. I got 2 fans, two relay blocks, 6 relays and it cost me less than $40 for everything.

Here is a good write-up showing what is needed and how to wire it up: LINKY