a few questions

stevns71monte

sooooo now i have a full time job YAY ive been stressing about a job forever. anyways im looking for a good combo intake and carburetor wise to put on the monte. what cfm? 600? does anyone have part numbers or a link they could send me too for intake manifolds? and how are electric chokes set up or how do you set them up anyone have pictures?? i would really appreciate the help thanks

I may be able to help in this aspect! but umm, I'm not sure what engine you're running...

but I can tell you my setup. 355 with a mild street cam. 600 Edelbrock (1406) carb (tuned for fuel efficiency oddly enough) with electric choke (simply run one wire from anything that starts up when your ignition is on and running, then run a ground), also aluminum edelbrock intake 2101.jpg

Looks a LOT like that smile

I will gladly get picture when I get back from Indy today!

judgeing from where you live..u really dont need an electric choke...get a manual choke 600 cfm eddy carb and a the rmp air gap intake...that will work real good on you motor with a stock cam and If u decide to upgrade the cam..thats a cool intake to have...lol thats what I run and it works great!

If you go with an electric choke, all you need is power the engine is grounded and the carb grounds through the engine.

I was just following directions cry

Not sure what engine you have but if its a 350, a low rise spread bore intake of the type shown above will work fine. For carb, I have a Holley 600cfm model 4160 list number 1850 manual choke four barrel vacuum secondaries. This set up will work with stock and slightly above stock cams.

Good luck with your decision.

well weather here is bi polar and my maunal choke gives me grief now because of it. i want my car since its my daily to be more comfortable to drive during cold days or rainy days you know?? where it will fire up and idle the way its supposed to stuff like that. so what do you guys have your electric choke hooked up to??

if I remember correctly... I have it hooked to my radio! but I can't be precise at the moment because my wife is driving it to work at the moment.... but yeah, either radio fuse or ACC fuse...

I consider the radio not a bad choice because... well... the radio only comes on when the key is on and stays on while the key is on. So why wouldn't it be a good candidate? lol buncha trial and error for me a lot of the time!

that is exactly what i was thinking! but i was lookin g at my fuses and there is a open prong chillin there and i dont have a test light......... guess only one way to find out. sand it get some fresh metal showing stick my tounge on it and start the car........ill let you guys know how it goes laugh

I run a Holly 750- 4160, Vac secondary on My Big Block with a manual choke. But I don't even need to use it up here in Michigan. Even when I fire it up in the winter time.

that is exactly what i was thinking! but i was lookin g at my fuses and there is a open prong chillin there and i dont have a test light......... guess only one way to find out. sand it get some fresh metal showing stick my tounge on it and start the car........ill let you guys know how it goes laugh

kicking let us know! please! lol it's only around 12 volts right? it shouldn't be SOOO bad... just clean it first! no one likes ground metal shavings! :P

I would like to see a picture of you trying to tongue your fuse box. Probably be as popular as Tony and Wheel in dresses!

Thanks Mike...I just got that image of "Wheel" in that pink dress out of my mind and you just put it right back up front and center again....Did anyone happen to see that picture last month or so.???

The Optomatrist said the Burning Eye sensation would go away...argggg!!!

hahahahahahahahaaaaahahahahahahaha

I would like to see a picture of you trying to tongue your fuse box. Probably be as popular as Tony and Wheel in dresses!

I guess they are right about a picture on the web being forever lol

Something for my kids to be proud of crazy