Photo of 1970 Window Sticker Wanted

ddiddle

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm trying to re-create a window sticker without paying the $35.00 (I'm cheap, what can I say). I have a blank, thanks to Robert (Monte70car), but I'd like a couple to look at for font and option costs and all that. If you have a photo of yours that is easily accessible, could you post it? I'd really love one from a 402/400 car just to know the original option costs, but one from any car would help.

Also, does anyone know the font that best replicates the window sticker font?

Thanks!

Daryl I believe I used Roman Times for the sheets I had made. The LS3 402 ran $141.15 and the 400 trans looks to be $221.80 those are for a 1970 price. I will check a few I have sent to other members and see if it has the font type and size.

Daryl I just checked my desktop which I used for my sticker and build sheet and I don't have a copy of the finished item on the harddrive but I'm pretty sure it was Times New Roman on size 14. Let me know if you need help with anyting.

OK, I'm getting closer. I have the template lined up, sort of. I'm now looking for the costs of the following options in 1970, if anyone has these on their window stickers:

C50 - rear window defroster

D33 - remote control rearview mirror

D34 - visor vanity mirror

g80 - positraction axle

n10 - dual exhaust syster

n33 - comfortilt steering wheel

v01 - heavy duty radiator

zj7 - rally wheels

Anyone know the costs of these?

C50 - rear window defroster= 26.35

D33 - remote control rearview mirror= 10.55

D34 - visor vanity mirror= 3.20

g80 - positraction axle= 42.15

n10 - dual exhaust syster= 30.55

n33 - comfortilt steering wheel= 57.95

v01 - heavy duty radiator= 14.75

zj7 - rally wheels= 31.60

Thanks Robert, or, Ert. smile

There are two more I need, if you've got 'em:

AQ2 automatic seat back latch

P90 g70 15 white stripe belted tires

I'll post a pic when I get it done. It's looking pretty good. I went with Lucinda Console font in 10 point.

They are listed in a book I have that covers chevelles camaro and impala every option that was available along with the price. It also has the block codes intake and dist codes for doing a numbers matching car. I'll try and get a picture of my window sticker and dealer add on sheet shortly.

here is a shot of just the window sticker utf-8BSU1BRzAxNjEuanBn.jpg hard to believe 4 wheel disc cost that much in 1969. and that cham exhaust add some more 0's and you might have the cost of today. I got to thinking now I have to go back and redo both my window sticker and build sheet to show the hood zl2(from a chevelle) lol but the name of the books is chevrolet ss muscle car red book 1961-1973.

Kevin the book is Chevrolet SS red book muscle cars 1961-1973 I'm at work so I'm not sure who made it. It covers 70-71 SS montes but it does show the small block motors and the 4speed code. At the end of each model year they have a article written about the car, its a nice book we have had our copy since 93 when my dad got his 70 chevelle.

I was looking at your sticker, isn't the big block 400 a "Turbo Jet" and the small block 400 a "Turbo Fire"? I may be wrong.

I was looking at your sticker, isn't the big block 400 a "Turbo Jet" and the small block 400 a "Turbo Fire"? I may be wrong.

I wondered about that. I don't know. The example I used of the language was an original window sticker from a small block car. Anyone with a 402 and your original window sticker, can you help out here?

There is a link at "Great source of information" #315585 - 04-24-2011 06:58 PM here in the restoration forum. You can look up a lot of information in these AMA documents. On page 3 of the 1970 booklet, they list all the small blocks as "Turbo Fire" and all the big blocks as "Turbo Jet". It details all the options and what equipment came with what, such as all 3 speed manual transmissions had the shifter on the column. Great stuff.

Yes, in 1970 they marketed the 400 small block and the 402 as 400's. One was referred to as 400 2 bbl and the other as 400 4 bbl. Because the 400 small block was a 1970 only option, I'm not sure how they marketed the 402 in 71 & 72. If you can get a copy of the sales brochure you could figure it out.