rear control arm bushings

ScottNM

I quess I got caught up in the polyurathane hype before research. Because I am installing a 500hp bb, I thought using poly bushings on the rear control arms and thrust arm? would take the added abuse. However I am hearing stories of stiffer rides, vibration and sometimes squeaking. I do not want that. I like a nice ride. Would you use rubber or poly? I do have posi traction also. Thank you

I put poly on the front but when it came to the back a lot of the documentation I found was negative not necessarily on the ride harshness, rather on binding that could occur. If you perform a related search on the suspension forum you will likely find some varied information and varied opinions. I'm working on a rear suspension refurb right now and I decided to go with rubber because of what I read.

My entire rear suspension is poly, I wanted no sloppy movement because of the large tires I run. I have not noticed any squeaking, I even got in the trunk and bounced the car up and down and hear nothing. I can't say it feels any stiffer than stock rubber or that any vibrations are being transmitted back into the body.

I put poly on the front but when it came to the back a lot of the documentation I found was negative not necessarily on the ride harshness, rather on binding that could occur.

That's why I bought my upper control arms with spherical ball ends so they can twist when my suspension calls for it, no binding what so ever.

In my opinion poly rides perfectly fine when driving normal and the time you really feel it is when you start driving your car more "sportier" (turns and such). The car will react quicker and will feel tighter...rubber will give a sloppy feel in that scenario.

After much reading about the rubber/poly bushing arguments. I am going with ES poly in lowers and moog rubber bushing upper. I think I will have a nice trade off. I am just not wanting to bind the uppers with poly on turns. For better or worse that is what I am doing.