Another Best!!

dbreese

Went to my local track for some TnT and bracket race. Weather was good but warm for this time of year. Temp was around 68 degrees don't know what the DA was. First shot off the trailer the ole' girl went 7.32 in the 1/8 @ 96.56 mph and 11.42 @ 119.56 mph. shifter Picked up 23 mph in the back half. smile This run was with a dismal 1.71 60'. frown Next pass was 7.37 @ 95.39 mph and 11.51 @ 118.27 mph. Third pass was 7.35@ 96.11 and 11.46 @ 118.99 mph.

Bracket race got cancelled due to lack of participants. Man I need to pull the converter and get some more stall.

It was a very good day!

David

Good job on the new best, now you need to update your signature. Did they say anything to you about running below 11.50 with no bars?

great job Dave!! yeah a converter is going to pick up a ton...getting it to it's happy place in a hurry is something the motor is going to love plus it will probably give you better shift recovery....the weather is great here too, there's a big braket race at Fontana all weekend....my car is still in piececs... frown

Good job on the new best, now you need to update your signature. Did they say anything to you about running below 11.50 with no bars?

Thanks Bill,

No the tech guys were cool with it. Since it was a TnT they give you some slack as long as you are not crazy under the number. Summit Series I think they might say something.

David

great job Dave!! yeah a converter is going to pick up a ton...getting it to it's happy place in a hurry is something the motor is going to love plus it will probably give you better shift recovery....the weather is great here too, there's a big braket race at Fontana all weekend....my car is still in piececs... frown

Yep Dave I experimented with shift pills and I think the car likes the 6600 rpm. I plan on getting the converter done in the next month or 2. Hurry and get that Velle back together I wanna see some 9's!! laugh

David

Hey Tom,

They did work well I just need to adjust the rears out a little more. Since my line lock is out of service I pulled them in to make the burnouts easier.

If ya have lots of cam and a not enough vacuum to work the p/b booster and you don't want to go with a hydro boost or electric pump the manual conversion is a good deal.

David

Cool deal Andy!!! I may have missed the 505 build but that thing outta rock in the Bu. I'm guessing you built it to run on spray? Is the car still stock style suspension? I like them G body Chevy's!!

The car is running good. Just need to get the 60' down and work on the front suspension and get the converter done. The car has more in it but I'm already quicker than the rules say I can run. I've decided not to cut the car up and put a rollbar in. Just can't do it. 11.50's will be fine but knowing I have some in the bank is a good thing! grin

David

David, way to go....your on your way to low 11's for sure. Braggin' rights earned!!!!....Just think, w/ a very small shot of nitros you have a 10 sec street car....awesome!!!

Thanks Al,

I think with a little more work with some good air 11.2's? I'm at the point now where I'm looking for a 1/10 here and there then it will be 1/100 after that. Like I was telling Andy I just can't bring myself to put a rollbar in the car. It will be 11.50/7.50 car in competition.

I did a heads up index race about a month ago (7.50 index) and it was nice to know I had a little in the bank cause we were using a .400 p/t so my reaction times were pretty slow. I was able to use my extra grunt and would catch them and fender them at the stripe. Went to the finals and lost when my m/c started giving out on me and I pushed through the beams while staged and went red.

David

Cool deal Andy!!! I may have missed the 505 build but that thing outta rock in the Bu. I'm guessing you built it to run on spray? Is the car still stock style suspension? I like them G body Chevy's!!

The car is running good. Just need to get the 60' down and work on the front suspension and get the converter done. The car has more in it but I'm already quicker than the rules say I can run. I've decided not to cut the car up and put a rollbar in. Just can't do it. 11.50's will be fine but knowing I have some in the bank is a good thing! grin

David

Still stock location rear suspension but I added an ARB earlier this year and new convertor. Took out the 3.73s and popped in a set of 3.08s. Literally looking for low 160 trap with the new bullit. There is one guy with a 190 MPH "Street" car but every other local seems to run around 150. The 505 has 8 .250 steel liners for cylinders to help the two stage 400 shot of nitrous it will see. The fuel systen is a cluster right now but I figured I better get the new engine in before sorting that out. The old 496 has seen 23 high 9 second passes on a 275 drag radial earlier this year but I want a fairly reliable 8.0 car. Changing pretty much everything about the car before the end of the month. Just have to get through my brothers wedding this weekend and my anniversary next.

405995_2753361407261_1654441601_2446434_

I'll get pics later, but those 9.70-9.90s were done on period correct 074 GM square ports. I pulled them last night and they are date cast 7/68, making them L88/Zl1 heads that actually came off a production car. I privately sold them last night for an obscene amount of money. Those heads were why I pulled it in the first place. You know, before I got greedy and it went BOOM!

Dave it depends on what you mean by "cutting the car up"....all you're talking about is 4 4" holes in the floor...2 4" holes in the package tray and 2 4" holes in the trunk all of which can be covered back up if necessary. You should talk to Mike Herno, I don't think he feels he cut up his car and I don't feel that way about the Velle either....sure would allow for tons of fun....think about it....I don't think you're going to enjoy the motor as much if you have to throttle stop it....