RDLBOX1970

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been over two weeks. I would love to see the Monte but I want to wait. I have been polishing all the chrome and cleaning parts I have for it. It's exciting to imagine them back on the Ol' car. I polished all the lenses and cleaned up the wiring. Painted the brackets and now setting out for re-install. All the glass is cleaned and ready. I bought new weatherstripping and chrome armrest backing plates. I will have pictures posted tonight.

Got to spend time on the Monty. Im very excited to say its coming along great. We took the extensions off and they look good. Primer is next. My painter is almost as excited as I am. Bet he cant wait to start wet sanding all that surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's more pics on progress. We took the extentions off and cleaned up the panels behind the rear quarters. All nice solid metal. Cleaned up the cracked seam seals for reseal.

I am so glad this car isnt rotted like I have seen many of through their restoration. I got lucky on this one.

The front I cleaned up the core support and all supporting brackets. Again all in great shape. We will cut it all in after it's primered this week.

a90409665c0683fdab9f_1.jpg

a90409665c0683fdab9f_2.jpg

a90409665c0683fdab9f_3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who can deny that even without the color this is a beautiful automobile?

The color giveaway is the last photo of this set.

There will be a few tricks up my sleeve reviled soon!

cool

cb39334811e4bbd25a3a_1.jpg

cb39334811e4bbd25a3a_2.jpg

cb39334811e4bbd25a3a_3.jpg

cb39334811e4bbd25a3a_4.jpg

cb39334811e4bbd25a3a_5.jpg

cb39334811e4bbd25a3a_6.jpg

cb39334811e4bbd25a3a_7.jpg

I drove the Monte home last night!! It drove like a dream. No rattles or sqeaks. I still have not seen it in full sunlight. Can't wait to get home after work to see the true colors come out. Tomorrow is the clean-up of interior and finish installing the chrome. I will have more pictures after I clean her up.