Best Aftermarket Body Parts, Inner Fenders

Scott Maruniak

Hello All,

I am going to be needing some new items for my 1970 Monte Carlo and just wanted to get opinions on who makes the best parts for the following -

Inner Front Plastic Fenders - Parts Place, OER, Goodmark?

Rear Quarter Panels - ??

Thank you all in advance.

Scott W. Maruniak

1970 Chevelle SS 396, L34, M20, 3.31 Posi - Misty Green, Dark Green Vinyl Top and Dark Green Bench Seat Interior.

1970 Monte Carlo, L48, Auto, 2.73 Posi, - Misty Green, Dark Green Vinyl Top and GDark Green Bucket Seat Interior.

Yes - I love green cars and no my Chevelle does not have Cowl Induction, just the base SS 396. grin

Hi, Scott,

I bought my plastic inner front fenders from the Parts Place and have been very satisfied with them. They are flexible enough to bolt into place without having to use a lot of force or drill new holes. I've had to remove the driver's side twice to get access to the oil pressure sending unit and that has always gone well.

One caution, however, is that the plastic is fairly easy to mar so keep sharp objects off the top side and don't use anything abrasive to clean them up. Mine shine up pretty well with Meguiar's Natural Protectant for car shows. Can't speak for the other brands.

Have you ever posted pictures of your Monte? Perhaps it is not "presentable" yet? BTW, nothing wrong with green - it's just blue with a little gold thrown in! grin

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the metal ones, after hearing people saying they got plastic ones and they cracked within a few years. i got mine through ausley chevelle for 180, plus like 30 for shipping.They didn't wrap the inner wells too well and i guess it,s primer thats on them,but there are some long scratches in the finish haven't installed them to see if scratches show, probably just paint them with the masterseries paint i have left over from when i did my frame.Probably will undercoat the inside of them,so it keeps the noise down when rocks hit inside the well. I think that is why montes came with plastic, for the quietness, since it was a luxury car being sold then.Or a way for gm to save money.But to spend 250 or whatever for plastic and have cracks soon after would make me mad.I,m deff not going for the oem correct restore, and i seen alot of people happy with metal ones from this website. Made me make my mind up after reading up on here

Keith,

I did the same thing a few years ago. Had replaced with new GM inners back in early 90's and the pass side cracked within a few years. Apparently that's the one that cracks for most due to the battery weight. Replaced in 2007 with metal ones. Scuff yours up and paint. I did not rubber coat the wheel side and have not noticed any rock ding noise.

Carl

PS where in va are you? I'm in Charlottesville.