Missing door trim?? Or is it?

Murphy

Was the lack of the chrome piece on the top of the door on purpose? It seems that it would have been a more complete compliment to the hood trim if it were added?? (yellow circle)

closeup.jpg

I know someone who used some of the molding that's on the fender there and made a piece to fit the door.

I personally think it was left off on purpose. It makes it appear as if just the windows are surrounded by chrome. The colour is not broken up between the pillar and the door.

I know someone who used some of the molding that's on the fender there and made a piece to fit the door.

I personally think it was left off on purpose. It makes it appear as if just the windows are surrounded by chrome. The colour is not broken up between the pillar and the door.

That's precisely what I'm thinking of doing. I've owned my Monte for almost a year now and have been concentrating on repairing all the rust issues and I'm almost there but I think I have some bubbling under the vinyl below the rear window (what a surprise)so in planning the vinyl replacement, I'm thinking of covering the entire top all the way to the drip rails and down the A-piller.In visioning the look of the new top is when I really noticed this lack of chrome, cause if I do cover the A-pillar, that chrome piece would definately be needed. I called Joe Vega here in Phoenix and he has a set for the fender which I'm probably get to experiment with..............