Headlight Reminder/Buzzer

Xxyyzz

Got in my car when it was dark, arrived at work when it was light. Didn't notice I left my lights on... and the rest is history. So anyone installed a buzzer? How?

-Mark

OK I thought about this and I'm thinking it would have to be a relay that ran off the ignition wire that also ties in the door switch so that when you car is off and you open the door the buzzer should go off. I was trying to think that it would be a normally closed switch in the relay so that when your car is running and your door is open it wont buzz then. Almost sounds like you would need 2 relays. One works off the ignition wire, the other off the headlight switch. As long as you have no power on the ignition and power going to the headlights it should sound when you open the door. I would have to get back to you on the logistics of actually wiring that up. Or it may be a lot simpler than I think it is and I`m making it very compicated. In that case I am sorry. smile

I bought a little kit at my Chevy dealer several years ago. It was $4.95 Two wires hooked up to a buzzer. Pretty simple install. One lead goes to the inst lamps fuse and the other you use a test lead to find a circuit that goes dead when IGN is turned off. Buzzer stays off if lights are on and IGN is on, when lights are on and IGN off, the buzzer sounds.

Thanks Rich. that sounds cool, maybe i can find one on ebay or summit. If someone find a link please let me know!

Mike, thanks for thinkin outside of the box for me!

-Mark

I bought a little kit at my Chevy dealer several years ago. It was $4.95 Two wires hooked up to a buzzer. Pretty simple install. One lead goes to the inst lamps fuse and the other you use a test lead to find a circuit that goes dead when IGN is turned off. Buzzer stays off if lights are on and IGN is on, when lights are on and IGN off, the buzzer sounds.

Did this job myself with an old seat belt buzzer. Parts needed: buzzer, wire, two fuse taps, four crimp on ends, one wire tie, and a test light.