1971 Factory Guages

I have the standard 71 guages with idiot lights. I noticed the Paddock listed the repro factory tach along with the other factory guages and the circuit board. Is the 5500 rpm redline guage correct for a 71? Also, the big question, I need a brief description of what is needed to convert to factory guages without idiot lights. Thanks.

I purchased a doner car with the gauge package. Ended up using all the wiring inside and out.

Redline depends on the engine. Mine is yellow @ 4700 red @ 5000 with a 350 4BBL. Doner car had the same engine and no A/C like mine.

I remember the other car used two temp sending units one in each head while mine only had one in the left head. Can't remember why. That was over 15 years ago.

Bruce

------------------

Original Owner since May 14 1971 montesm.jpg

I bought a "complete" kit. $369.95 Everything you need is there with instructions. Different years and tacks rpm's. Muscle Factory 1-800-762-0317. I'm just about ready to install it.

Mr. Lines what all came in the kit? and what do you have to use over?

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

If it sounds like Thunder!!! Me and My Monte have just rolled in!!!

1970 MC SS or one heck of a clone Needs restored

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WindStar

2002 Dodge Ram

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by busmechanic:
Mr. Lines

</font>

Now stop that, your gonna make him feel old. tongue.gif

I remember back about 20 years ago when I was only 27, a teenager opened a door for me at a gas station and said, "Let me get that door for you sir". I almost slapped him, but he was just being respectful to his elders. smile.gif I just told him to watch his language and laughed.

Just giving ya a hard time George and George. There sure are a lot of Georges on this site.

By the way George, is Granite City near that big hole just off I-80? I got lost there trying to get around rush hour traffic a few months back.

Later, Daryl

I noticed a alot of George's too. Common name for us seniors biggrin.gif

Granite City is in Illinois just east of St Louis Mo. The river separates us. Sorta like a mote, Does not work too good because they still get over here biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

No 80 around here that up around Chicago near Indiana I beleive

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WindStar

2002 Dodge Ram

Quote:
Mr. Lines what all came in the kit? and what do you have to use over?
</font>

As I stated. It has everything you need. 3 guages with mount pieces plus choice of tack, correct printed circuit, wires included that you need to change, complete instructions. You need to specify year for correct color numerals. You use old speedo and clock in original locations. Tack goes in place of fuel guage. Fuel guage is new small one. EVERYTHING. Nothing more to buy, unless your clock is bad.
Fogot, it also includes temp sender unit.

[This message has been edited by George Lines (edited 09-02-2003).]

Busmechanic, Go to www.endrud.net/gauges/. Instructions on changing from idiot lights to gauges using orginial curcuit board and orginial engine wiring harness. Using a gauges curcuit board would still require a gauge engine wiring harness to elimate all wiring mods. Kit George suggested is best, least expensive method to convert. I plan on retaining large fuel gauge, by deleting clock. Also using a Chevy/GMC pickup factory mechanical oil pressue gauge (very close to 1st Gen size & design) in place of small fuel gauge. Ed

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4/10bolt, Branson participant

'71 Sandalwood SS454

'71 Project The Darkest of all Dark Green Metallics/GenIII346LS1/4L65E/12bolt posi

71Monte-1.jpg

Ed I like that thank you. Great ideal you have also, I may give that a shot in the future. I just spent about 15 hours re doing my cluster. It took 3 diffrent clusters to make one great one. Then I detailed the dash itself. Looks really great for a driver.

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WindStar

2002 Dodge Ram

Working on my conversion from idiot lights today. Had worked on it before and found why my gas guage no longer worked. I had forgotten to tighten the 2 nuts behind it connecting to the printed circuit.

Directions from kit didn't make sense until I got into it. Everything is there except for 2 nuts to connect tack to printed circuit. Had to bring it home to find correct nuts and washers. This is a very good kit. Can't use the amp guage because of the 4X6 speaket I installed there. I will leave the add on guage I previously installed. Anybody need an SS amp guage?

George That make two of us I did the excact same thing on the fuel gauge. (Loose nuts)

I hope Pete does not read this smile.gif he for sure will have a come back.

I need a amp gauge for my SS MC but I am a year from restoring it if you have no takers give me a shout and a price.

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WindStar

2002 Dodge Ram

Quote:
George That make two of us I did the excact same thing on the fuel gauge. (Loose nuts)
I need a amp gauge for my SS MC but I am a year from restoring it if you have no takers give me a shout and a price.
</font>

What year is your SS. This is a 70 amp guage with light blue letters. 71-2 had a different color.