March's Big Block Pulley's and brackets ?

snomobeelr

I was thingking about getting the "March Performance 23050-08" $515.95 @Summit. Any one have/using them? I am also debating about just doing the Pulley's and using my brackets, but wouldnt be saving all that much on it. I like the idea of the diffrent belts and I heard it benifits the car in HP. Anyone have or used them? Any advise is appreciated.. I was thinking of the Black one's.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MCH-23050/

********* Seperatly ***********

7630 Set Drives: Water Pump, Alternator and P.S. $229.95

7231 6 & 5-Rib Crank Pulley 5 3/4” dia.

6312 6-Rib Water Pump Pulley 6 1/4” dia.

208 6-Rib Alternator Pulley w/Cover 2 3/4” dia.

part # 623 power sterring $69.88

part # 221 alt fan $43.88

I had them on my Monte until I upgraded to A/C. Switched to Billet Specialties which look nicer IMHO...

I had that kit on mine, ended up going with smaller diameter crank pulley and larger water pump pulley to slow things down. I am still not happy with the power steering pump bracket system, tossed a lot of belts at the track it seemed to flex a bit. I made another bracket to reinforce it and it helped.

So do you think I should stay away from it and just keep the stock pulley's and belts I have? I was thinking of keeping my brackets and buying the pulleys to change the belt type. But if you have issue with it maybe I should re-think it. I was just doing this thinking it would be a better system than the v-belts and stock pulley's.

I have that same kit on my BBC and have had 0 issues with it. It's been on the car for 2500 miles or better and some of the miles haven't been that easy. Really looks nice on the front of the engine assy. Good luck in the decision

It is a good looking setup and I never had an issue with it until I started turning the engine harder. If you keep yours below 6000 you should be okay. I do like the serpentine style better.

• 1 month later...

My SBC kit isn't tested yet, but I don't like the p/s fitment either.

I bought it off E-bay and think its a #22080. It has the A/C bracket, but the new Sanden compressor doesn't fit. I'll have to shave about 1/8" off either outside of the bracket,or, off the inside of the compressor mounts.

I really like the look, although a thinner shroud would be nice.

GMPP ZZ383 with March kit.