10 bolt info needed

Mike G

Hi All,

I have the stock 2.73 non posi rearend in my 71 and want to upgrade it. A guy has a new Yukon YDGGM8.2BOP-3-28-1 with 3.55 gears to go with it. Anyone know if this will fit the stock rearend? Reason why I ask is the part number says BOP on it.

Thanks,

Do you know if your rear is a 8.2 BOP for sure? (i know that is getting really personal) 8.2 BOP have 27 spline axles 8.2 Chevy is 28. There is some info here to confuse you more link

Back in the day gm did some weird stuff on the assembly line...My 70 has a BOP, its on my build sheet too. you can tell by looking at the cover..if it has 2 scalloped shaped "C"'s on each end, its a BOP. Plenty of posts on this in the forums and Mikes link is helpful as well.

Back in the day gm did some weird stuff on the assembly line...My 70 has a BOP, its on my build sheet too. you can tell by looking at the cover..if it has 2 scalloped shaped "C"'s on each end, its a BOP. Plenty of posts on this in the forums and Mikes link is helpful as well.

The BOP 10's with the scalloped "C"'s on the cover were considered Pontiac 10 bolts and were also considered to be the strongest of the BOP lineup. I saved one years ago and it came with a posi carrier and 4.33 gears. - Dave