Almost Done!

Andy's Auto

496? Man, you go through engines like I go through underwear!

Is that a GS chin spoiler I see?

Mike, same engine that has been there for four years. Just reenvisioned if you will. But unlike some people I know, I drove this thing in Monday morning and had it out by 11am. Dissassembled and at the machine shop by 3. Took Tuesday off with a stomach flu and picked up the block, crank, and rods/pistons this morning. Had it built by 1 and I drove it at 4pm. Was heading to the track but it turns out that PBIR (Mike, it is race track out west) is only running two Weds a month for the summer. Get to play Friday night with the GoPro my girlks got me for dads day.

Not a GS spoiler, something I bought off eBay back in 08 when I built the car.

Ah, the sarcasm cuts deep! Ok, so I took like a year to get Big Blue back on the road.........a little longer than 2 days. If I had a lift and engine stand next to my desk at work, I may have gotten it built in half a year.

Looking forward to hearing how she runs. Care to share the specs?

Ah, the sarcasm cuts deep! Ok, so I took like a year to get Big Blue back on the road.........a little longer than 2 days. If I had a lift and engine stand next to my desk at work, I may have gotten it built in half a year.

Looking forward to hearing how she runs. Care to share the specs?

Cool, Mikey. Hard to get sarcasm over the intranets without sounding like a well, you know..

All I really did was get the crank checked, lost the dish pistons for Mahle .280 domes which got me 10.65:1 compression with an .045 VR head gasket. Destroyed the flat tappet cam that ONLY had 102 passes on it for a nice .599 lift HR. The best part was buttoning up the build only to realize I had the wrong pushrods. I ordered a set from Murrays thinking they would be quickest only to realize I had a set out of a ZZ502 I parted earlier this year. Perfect fit, on to the races.

Except it is supposed to rain all day so Mr Monte has to take a pass and I still haven't been able to put a baseline on the 2012 Camaro SS. And I got a helluve parts collection to go on that one. I also got Uglyboo ready to rock as well. Turns out my new short block stroker was little more than an itchy sweater. Cracked all the way down the main saddles. Never give a "freind" $3100 for anything, esp a performance engine.

So the push rods are the same for a Chevy roller lifter and aftermarket?

I drove by your shop yesterday on my way back from Dodge and really wanted to stop by and see the SS and Monte, but I had to get back to work. Got a pic of your new sled?

So the push rods are the same for a Chevy roller lifter and aftermarket?

I drove by your shop yesterday on my way back from Dodge and really wanted to stop by and see the SS and Monte, but I had to get back to work. Got a pic of your new sled?

Mike, you know pony cars are for women. Wifes dailys the SS Camaro. But had THE single coolest experience yesterday on Okeechobee out west by us. Needed to get Uglyboo out the garage to get the 90 454SS in the garage so Hooby agreed to follow Uglyboo to the shop, in the SS. Wasn't that late but we caught four lights. Baywinds, Grande, Benoist Farms, and lastly Skees.

Guess what? Uglyboo is much faster than the SS. I could only leave it in drive. Actually, I was taking it to the shop to throw a new Quarter Stick at Uglyboo and could not see my butt jacking the car up in the garage when I have four lifts at the shop. Snapped the stock shifter cable putting the stroker back in a couple of weeks ago.

I gave her race four, intentionally smoked the Mikeys for her, and she gave me a, well, you know, in exchange for that. Yes, a kiss!

So, Hunny Bunny needs a supercharger. I figure a kidney on the black market has to be worth at least the $7k cost of admission for a decent E Tec blower at 8 pounds. The Camaro is a trip, and of the 1600 miles on it so far, I guess 75 of those are mine. Gots to keep my hotty thinking shes a hotty, makes me very happy. But I did remove her license plate frame I took off the Impala SS. You know, the one that read "If you are going to ride my [censored] like that, at least pull my hair". Now she got chrome skulls.

So, Mike in Boca, you going tp run that Money Carlo of yours with my other bud, Mike from Boca (70 Z28)?

Come on man, run the darn car. Damn the heat, damn the rain.

Pony cars are for women - that's why I drive a Challenger. It's the supersized Big and Tall guys car. Nothing pony about this puppy - it dwarfs the Big Blue in the garage......height and girth anyways...

You've been doing the same toilet reading about supercharging SSs as I have. (July Hot Rod?) 200 ponies.

Big Blue has not moved from the garage in two weeks. The heat and rain ARE keeping me away from the track. And a tranny that was rebuilt in '95.

I don't know Mike with 70 Z. Is he the one with the Straub cam?

Pony cars are for women - that's why I drive a Challenger. It's the supersized Big and Tall guys car. Nothing pony about this puppy - it dwarfs the Big Blue in the garage......height and girth anyways...

You've been doing the same toilet reading about supercharging SSs as I have. (July Hot Rod?) 200 ponies.

Big Blue has not moved from the garage in two weeks. The heat and rain ARE keeping me away from the track. And a tranny that was rebuilt in '95.

I don't know Mike with 70 Z. Is he the one with the Straub cam?

Yup, that's the straub can car. Had some fuel pressure issues last time out but behind us now. The 12 SS went 14.0@101. BORING, but I did get to ctitique two of Mikes runs and I got his times before he did. Very hard to do if you know what I mean. And I pushed the Camaro on the scales, it does indeed weigh 4210 pounds.