Muffler comparison vids-Part2

72MC

Thought some may like these 2 vids. Both are comparisons of different Flowmaster mufflers. First vid is with a 355 sbc and the second vid is with a 406 sbc. If it is deemed helpful by the mods, maybe it can get a sticky to be kept for future use by the members.

Enjoy - Dave

The problem with these videos is that the rattling you hear is the exhaust pipes rattling on top of the jack stands. If you could get them to quit vibrating, it might sound pretty good!

The problem with these videos is that the rattling you hear is the exhaust pipes rattling on top of the jack stands. If you could get them to quit vibrating, it might sound pretty good!

Gotta agree. Surprised at the very least he didn't wrap the pipe so it wasn't metal to metal contact.

To each their own, but I wouldn't trade my Torque Tech X-pipe system with Dynomax mufflers for nothing. It growls loudly when you stomp on it, but has deep mellow tone while cruising and NO interior resonance.

Greg, I'm not selling Flowmaster. Not trying to get anyone to change mufflers. Just some vids that I came across and knowing how people are asking for this and that regarding tire, exhaust, etc, I thought it might help someone.

Bill and Scott, I noticed the same thing but still thought it might help someone narrow down their decision if it were based on Flowmaster. I also thought the recording quality was lacking. Will keep my eyes peeled for other vids. Just trying to help. - Dave

• 2 weeks later...
To each their own, but I wouldn't trade my Torque Tech X-pipe system with Dynomax mufflers for nothing. It growls loudly when you stomp on it, but has deep mellow tone while cruising and NO interior resonance.

I assume you are runnning full 3"? Do you have the Dynomax Hemi Turbo's w/22" case P/N 17770 or the shorter ones. Purchased these a while back and curious how they are. I was looking for that deep throaty sound at idle and controlled tone at WOT.

I have the Dynomax Hemi turbos with the long case in 2-1/2".

I would only imagine the 3" let more noise through.

I love mine: I started with Flowmasters and even after wrapping the outside of the cases on those, I couldn't stand the resonance inside at cruise. I owned them for all of 2 weeks.

The Dynomax have a more controled sound, I assume because of the packing inside. They make a noise somewhere between a glass pack and a turbo muffler, but with less sound volume..it sounds like the muffler is working hard to subdue something really healthy. Maybe it sounds like an old wooden speedboat? Perfect for our healthy "luxury" cars.