Wide door felt stainless option

WHITE KNIGHT 71

Can anyone tell me who sells the felt for the wide door reveal stainless (4 pieces)? Is this just something you get at the local interior shop? Or does OPGI, The parts place, Year One, Harmons, offer this? I have already bought what was listed as "71 Monte felt kit with special moldings" made by repops. Basically it has a thin flat bead of stainless rather than a round one. I found and bought the optional large stainless door reveals on ebay and also bought new assembled door panels with the felt already installed. So this is my dilemma, to replace my outside felt on these wide special moldings. Please me. Thanks smile

I talked to a guy at Luttys, and he said they had them, But in the catalog it was listed as soor felt with special moldings, so Im not too sure now from what you say. The original ones on your car dont have any chrome at all right, they are just black. That is what my 71 has on it. I was going to order that kit but now Im going to check into it further. Ill let you know what I find out and keep me posted on your end.

Tony

This trim that I bought was a special order option. I do not know the code for it on the build sheet but not many Monte's had this wide stainless molding that the outside window fuzzie attaches to. Maybe it was only on SS models or the 72 Customs. I have only seen a few Monte's with this window trim. I know somebody in this club has got the full story on this trim option. Hopefully someone will chime in.

I did a search here and found an old topic on these moldings. What I found out is that Year One has them under part number RF788 as (standard side-glass sealing weatherstrips for 70-72 monte carlos with wide moulding at top of door,complete kit) 87.00 It is terrible I have to buy the complete kit since I have already bought the assembled door panels with felt installed. Also I have that other kit with the"special" moldings. O well, I guess I can sell it to someone else.

Hi Mark,

I have been trying for some time to find a nice set of the reveal moldings for my car, but have not been successful. How long did it take you to find them and how much can I expect to pay?

Thanks,

Mike

I gave 75 dollars for a near mint set of trim back in 2003 from someone on this board. www.oldmusclecars.com has the felts for them. 1-800-722-4828 page 12-3 of their catalog part # RWFS-345 8 piece set Monte Carlo Full set with Special Moldings 69.95. If you tell them you have the wide chrome, they will know exactly what you are talking about. Oh yeah, their online Monte Carlo catalog is listed as the 1968-77 Chevelle catalog. If you order from them, ask them to send you a catalog. It got about everything you need for 70-72 Monte Carlo's.