Chevelle post..some new bests...

CrazyDavey

Weekend at the track, my new home track Woodburn Or....

Saturday was the Nostalgia Hot Rod Series (last one of the year) and the second race in their Fall ET Series. Made the semi's in Street Machine I in nostalgia, in the trans brake fall series not many cars because they were all in nostalgia (guess they didn't want to pay for the extra card). Broke out by a ton in trans brake and by .004 in nostalgia.

Car ran great all weekend, was some cool air (6x-7x degrees) and the da's were good (runs were between 800' and 1400'). It was hooking really good and most of my 60's were 1.32-34. So my new bests....330' 3.87......660' 6.04 @ 113.50....1000' 7.93....1320 9.54 @ 139.31. It was solidly in the 50's both days (it ran a 54 both days) with some 55's 56's 57's and 58's. A couple of the 55's were on the brakes during elimn's so they could have been better but I'll never know.

It started out with a couple of 9.60's on Saturday and then I changed my shifting and it really seemed to like that. I remembered something guy had posted on the Chevelle forum a while back about going faster when he short shifted 1-2 (while the wheels were up). I was getting some good hang time so I started making the shift when I felt the wheels hang instead of waiting for the shift light...it went right into the 50's after that.

Anyway had a blast...here are some vid's for those who enjoy them

this is the first 9.54 on Saturday

in car for that same pass

this the the 9.54 pass on Sunday shot from the back

wink

Congratulations, Dave!!! The beat goes on .... another awesome performance! Will you get an opportunity to try your new e85 carb this season?

It just gets faster and faster!!! When is it gonna end. Good Lawd man you have that Velle flying! E85, low 9.20's. Just a guess. Stop it already!!!LOL Congrats Dave!

David

lol...you know the car is so stable...so matter of fact...so undramatic it's like you really aren't going fast at all...maybe that's why I keep trying to make it faster. It's a ho hum trip down the track so you really don't feel like you're pushing the envelope or anything. It doesn't move around at all, it does its little wheelie thing and then goes straight down the track...the only time you think "gee I might be going fast" is when you start running out of shut down area....it's hard to explain, you have to experience it...

Stop it already!!!....my wife doesn't say it but that's probably what she's thinking... grin