Door Handle Mechanism

RobertH

Hello all!

I'm helping my boss restore his 72 Monte Carlo, and we're down to the final stretch! The only thing we really need at this point is the door handle mechanisms. But we need the longer ones for use with the arm rest backing plates. Anyone have any idea where I can find them?

Hello all!

I'm helping my boss restore his 72 Monte Carlo, and we're down to the final stretch! The only thing we really need at this point is the door handle mechanisms. But we need the longer ones for use with the arm rest backing plates. Anyone have any idea where I can find them?

these? NEW or USED?

CH26676-lrg.jpg

someone may have used ones here, although OPGI may have them new re-popped... linky

OOPS! these are the short ones..

NOTE: These mechanisms are not for use with armrest backing plates. The short design is not long enough to reach when the plates are used.

Got mine at National Parts Depot (NPD) same as chevelle. I have one good used one if your interested in that.

I just called NPD, and they said they only have one part number. Do you have a part number for the one you ordered? And can you shoot me a picture of the used one you have so I can compare to the one I have? Thanks!

Uh oh, looks like the new ones I ordered ARE a little shorter. Never checked, glad you posted this. Can't say if these will work or not, haven't gotten that far yet. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference in length, maybe I can get away with these. Here's the part # K526 made by OER. I was told these would work. Will try to send pic to email listed in your profile, if there's one listed.

Uh oh, looks like the new ones I ordered ARE a little shorter. Never checked, glad you posted this. Can't say if these will work or not, haven't gotten that far yet. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference in length, maybe I can get away with these. Here's the part # K526 made by OER. I was told these would work. Will try to send pic to email listed in your profile, if there's one listed.

I sent an email to the address listed in your profile so you have my address. We may be interested in purchasing that used one you've got if it's for the driver side and looks like it's long enough to work. Thanks for the help.