Exhaust tips

496Bowtie

Thanks to everyone for the answer to my question on the length of the air ride tank. I'm new to this site and may be askings a lot of questions.

From experience who knows where to buy a good quality heavy set of tips? The ones I took off my car were different in quality, one heavy gauge, one lightweight. You just don't know what your going to end up when ordering online. Thanks.

Hey Barry, Welcome to the club... yes there is a wealth of knowledge here which you can ask of and pick and choose on the thoughts shared with you.... whilst you have picked up on the Posting idea well why not post a thread in our New Members section 2 boxes down and fully introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what year and type of car you are working on so we all can help and get to know you as we like new members and love to see pictures too.....

Now to answer your question somewhat... try going to our home page and look at members cars and see what the majority are going with or grab an idea on something you see..?? most will use the GM SS Tips that are high quality and heavy gauge as well even if your car isnt an ss model they look cool.....

welcome again....

Darren.

Have you tried any of the muffler or performance shops that build custom exhaust systems in your area. Mine was custom made out of aluminized pipe in 2000 and has no rust yet. I was able to tell them exactly what I wanted in terms of the set up including the tips.

Good luck with your research and welcome.

Most of the reproduction houses carry the factory tips (Lutty's, OPG, Year One, The Parts Place, etc). If you look on Ebay you can find NOS ones occasionally. I've actually been able to buy NOS ones at the same prices as the repops over the years.

if you don't want to worry about the chrome ones rusting, Pypes make them in stainless steel, here's the part number, PYPES EVT54

$(KGrHqZ,!k4FB0(90bV4BQukTTdHW!~~60_35.G