'70 Clock

FOOLISH

Naturally it's the same clock used in the Chevelle, so you can purchase a new, replacement clock from most restoration parts stores for around $139. I purchased one recently from Ground Up Restorations and paid less than $139 because of my Team Chevelle discount (and because they weren't $139 at the time):

\'70 Clock (green numbers)

\'71-\'72 Clock (white numbers)

At the time, Ground Up was the cheapest seller I could find, but you can always check the usual suspects for a better price: Year One, OPGI, The Parts Place, The Paddock, etc.

Thanks very much guys. A used Chevelle will fit or I will have to buy new which is what will happen. I was wondering if the round clock of a pontiac or other might fit for the time being. I know that it is not right for my SS but I can always fix it in the future because It will never be done. Thanks for the replys. Do you have anything leo? Seeya Sam

Thanks very much guys. A used Chevelle will fit or I will have to buy new which is what will happen. I was wondering if the round clock of a pontiac or other might fit for the time being. I know that it is not right for my SS but I can always fix it in the future because It will never be done. Thanks for the replys. Do you have anything leo? Seeya Sam

I've done the clock swap a couple times now, and it's a pain in the butt. If it were me, I'd install a new one and be done with it. Besides, the new ones have quartz movement -- something the old ones did not -- and if you install an old one, who knows how long it will last. My $.02.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone has a quartz rebuild kit available. I saw it in Hemmings Muscle news, but can't put my hands on the article right now. It was a company specializing in converting and rebuilding car clocks. They'll do it or sell you a kit. Try an internet search. If I find it I'll repost.

fgmcc

• MCfan changed the title to '70 Clock