Hidden VIN tags or locations?

Hello guys..I'm new to this great forum. I just got a 71 monty with the vin tag completely rusted out. Is there other locations for the full or partial vin. Thanks

In the process of restoring mine I found 2 partial vins, but were only visible after blasting to bare metal. One was on the firewall near the blower motor which would only be found after removing the heater box in engine bay. The other I found on drivers side frame rail near quarter panel area. Both were just partial vins, seems like the last six or eight digits, I can't recall exactly. I should have taken pics but didnt frown . The other places would be on your engine block provided you have the original engine, and of course a build sheet would certainly help, but may be useless if you don't know what your vin is suppose to read. It is possible to find a build sheet for a different car in yours.

Almost forgot the most important thing here welcome

Welcome Jeff, oh man Cory I am surprised you didnt remember this one ..... on the drivers door if it is still there is a 100% full vin number on a blue GM rectangular door tag on the drivers side door on the end when you open the door by the door mechanism.. there are yes other spots for partials other than what Cory listed which I agree with hime on and they are on the rad support by the voltage reg area but once again after sanding or blasted will it be seen and also the tranny tag and diff once in a while will still have a tag or has been numbered as to the last numbers to match the vin but the engine stamping is a good one. if you can recall the full vin number but cant see it on the car can you not go to the DMV and get a registration for it based on the vin number you have ???

Darren.

• 6 months later...