Gas or drag shocks

AL M

While I have the old 10 bolt out and the new 9in ready to go in I was wondering what you guys thought of ditching the rear a/c delco gas shocks for some adj.drag shocks. I already have Sumitt 3 way adj. for the fronts and have them set on 90/10 and dont mind them on the street. When my car hooks my 60ft is 1.54-1.58 now. I have stock springs all around an HR Parts and stuff antiroll bar, Hotchkis adj uppers and boxed lowers too. Any info/experiences appreciated. Al

Al,

I put double adjustable QA1s on the rear last year, I had QA1 singles on it before. I seemed to help the 60 (1.42) I just put QA1 doubles on the front. They seem stiffer on compression I hope to slow the landing down a little and get some bounce out of it.

The best thing for launch is to get a taller and softer spring. I run the Moroso springs, they are scary to put in!

The best thing for launch is to get a taller and softer spring. I run the Moroso springs, they are scary to put in!

Agreed! If I ever remove mine, They are getting cut first. The portential energy behind them is incredible.

Curious as to what Rear Anti-Roll Bar you are running. Do you run it on the street still attached?

I'm currently running Drag Shocks front and rear. 90/10 front, 50/50 rear.

Thanx guys, wasnt expecting those Qa1s to be that pricey, maybe once I recover from the expense of the rear. They do look sweet. For now I'm thinkin just get the cheap sumitt brand to match the front, theyre only $36 ea. If I'm a good boy the rest of the yr maybe Santa will bring me springs and better shocks. The antiroll bar I use is the HR Parts and Stuff one and I leave it on. This bar allows me to remove the front sway bar for good...makes the car real tight. Again, thanx guys. Al