sheet metal under rear window filler panel

1970 Screamer

im in the process of restoring the back half of my car starting with the common rusted out trunk and quarters. my problem is i see you can buy the rear trunk to decklid panel but what about the piece underneath. mines completely rotted away. has anyone fabbed up a piece to make it or is that a piece to search for in a usable car out in the yard.

im in the process of restoring the back half of my car starting with the common rusted out trunk and quarters. my problem is i see you can buy the rear trunk to decklid panel but what about the piece underneath. mines completely rotted away. has anyone fabbed up a piece to make it or is that a piece to search for in a usable car out in the yard.

Try here see if this helps? linky browse through the whole thing or the categories on the side.

i think it might be part of the package tray? does the package tray extend into the trunk area a little bit?. it connects to the weatherstrip gutter at the top of the trunk which is also rotted from a poor seal during wet weather

it does extend into trunk area. If you look closely you can see the round holes that you can see from under the trunk.

1462ZD.jpg

That part is the exact same as the 69-70 Grand Prix and the 68-72 Chevelle. 4 door has a different lower back glass channel then the 2 door. I just sold one 3 weeks ago, have one more.

the part pictured is available as well as the full panel , we carry both , the one pictured does not have the side panels , the full version has side panels and rear seat section

Leo

koniksklassiks.com

• 8 months later...

Hi I'm getting ready to replace the back window to truck lid panel as well. The panel that sits under it that you had in question is fine on my car but i was wondering if any of you had any advice on how to go about replacing the filler panel on top because I'm not much of a body man but I'll be doing it myself and to be honest I am petrified to attempt this task. If any of you have any advice or know of videos of someone doing it themselves please let me know, it would be very beneficial.