Holley Intake vs. Performer

gprimm

Question of my Monte friends: Should I replace the Edelbrock Performer with a Holley 300-36? They have them marked down to $105 at Summit and wanted your opinions. Don, RiceRacing1 has me convinced to do it. George

Yes, I was going to buy it. Just getting the morale support before doing it and then telling my wife. I have another reason now. My 17 year old son, is interested in buying an AZ. 1973 Nova from a friend up here that has had alot of work done on it. It has a 350 with cast iron intake and I can now say "because I love my son so much, I want him to have teh Performer". He graduates from high school in May and has received an appointment and nomination to the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. That will give me two years to do what he wants and boys . . . he is getting paid while going to the Academy and he'll pay the bills!!! Yahoo!!! He's worked hard to get into the Academy and I'll love doing this for him. He's a Chevy kid !!! George

More power over a wider rpm range. It's a true tuned runner design and normally gives superb cly to cly dist of the air/fule mix.

Edlebrock has tried for years to design a better dual plane and they haven't made it yet!

Hands down the 300-36 Holley is the best performing dual plane for a sb made.

Why don't you see it advertised or in the manifold shoot outs? It sell by word of mouth very well so no advertising blitz is needed to sell it. It is left out of the shoot outs because Holley won't pay the mags to include them and i suspect the big E company won't pay for their intakes to be included with the 300-36 because they know it make their stuff look weak.

Don