Transmission Temp Sensor Bung installation

Now that you have convinced me the ultimate location for the Temp Sensor should be located in the tranny fluid pan, it brings to mind another question as the best way to install the bung (adapter) that the temp sensor will thread into the pan.

My 1st thought was to have it welded in. Of course there is the worry about heat from the weld warping the pan.

I guess another alternative would be to build a adapter to compliment the bung and bolt/seal it in.

Any thoughts as to the 1st thought or any additional experiences would be appreciated for those that have added this tranny sensor into the fluid pan.

Once again, thank you for the input in advance. smile

Doug

I figured Tig would be the best way if welded. If they know what they are doing I guess it could be done without warping the pan.

I'll have to look into a different pan with the bung already in place. Hadn't considered that option.

Doug

My Pan has no place for a drain plug or a boss that can be drilled for one Robert.

I may either elect to purchase aftermarket Pan that has a boss location that can be drilled for temp sensor or possibly look for adapter fitting and figure out how to seal it once in and do it myself.

I'm still exploring having the bung Tig welded into my original pan also. Just need to ensure it won't leak and the welding doesn't warp the pan.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!!!

Doug