new body mounts

installing new body mounts does the nipple end of the rubber bushing face up or down. I cant check old one because the shoemaker who had car before me used rubber cut from tires. Yes 100% the truth, probably took more work to cut them then could bejustified in savings but to each his own i guess.

Never heard of tires used as body mounts. nutz

Neither have I, but I know a few people around here that have used hockey pucks for a cheap body lift on 4x4 trucks shocked

Strange huh, Looks like he had some truck tires laying around and cut them into octogons. Its amazing what a mechanic on a budget can do.

Some times it's just down right scary what people come up with! lol

So I wonder how the front end fit & matched up with the body/doors. Couldn't have been pretty, unless somehow he got all the homemade mounts the exact height as factory bushings. Seems like you'd have to find various tread depths to pull that off.

Hm. I only have two. Only 4 points on the car have bolts in them, but all of them have bushings between the frame and the body. Were these supposed to go in somewhere and I missed them? Do they go in all the body mount points?