EZ Wire vs Painless vs American vs rebel!!

luke_501

Hey guys, I am needing a new wiring harness. I thought i could use the original but the closer i look at it the more i realize it needs to be replaced. I don't want to add new with some old so i want a full blown new Wire Kit. I know there are a lot of "universal Muscle car kits" but i want a 70 Monte Carlo kit. Which one works best with the monte? Anyone have any preference? i literally want to just plug and play! thanks in advance!!!

I used the American Auto Wire complete Monte kit & thought it was great. Tons of flexibility for customizing to your needs or going original style. However this kit is not a "plug & play" most all wires must be cut & terminated to the lenghts you want. This is quite time consuming but after several terminations you start to get good at them & things move along quicker. Because you route & terminate how you want it gives you the oppourtunity to run harness how you want to though. The kit provides you with plenty of extra length on all wires, I wound up with tons of extra wire after cutting to length. I chose to route & hide the front lighting harness under my left fender & routed the rear harness inside the left quarter cavity for a cleaner look. Overall completely satisfied with the AAW kit.

• 3 weeks later...

good ideas! i never thought about hiding those wires for a cleaner look. Which is exactly the look i am trying to achieve with this build! The AAW kit literally just got here today.. (took about 3 weeks) and after looking through it, looks fairly straight forward but there is definitely a lot of connections that must be made!

• 1 month later...

I bought the engine and headlight harness for my '70. I bought mine from Classic Muscle. Which is I believe are American Auto Wire products. Spent around $300 for both. Haven't installed them yet though. Had mine setup for HEI and Internal Reg Alt.

I think im going to go with the M&H engine harness for now to get her back rolling and the light harness later since I have 4 weeks to get her back together before moving. haha

I have installed the full kit from AAW and love it! Didn't have any problems! the instructions that came with it were written along with pictures. very straight forward as long as you have minimal knowledge. I can't speak for any other brand but AAW definitely was worth the money!