2 Questions

willie

Is there any where other than on the a/c box that the vacuum bowl is mounted on a 72?

On a map light r/v mirror what side do i run the gray wire down to the main dash harness?

Thanks

the wire for the mirror goes around to the drivers side to plug into the harness

ditto

The gray wire runs across upper windsheild/roof bracing & down the left (drivers side) windsheild pillar (A pillar).

As far as I can tell 72's didn't have a vacuum ball at all. My 72 assembly manual doesn't show one. There is suppost to be a vacuum check ball/valve just on the engine side of the firewall that is very small & mounts inline with the hose. I added a vacuum ball/reservoir on my car anyway, just cause....

Sam thanks for that.

Cory thanks for the info, i am driving myself nuts because i didnt take my car apart but i do have the vacuum bowl, BUT where it is/was mounted there are no holes. So i am going nuts, but one of my parts cars has it mounted there but the doesnt.LOL Do you have a pic of that chek valve to see if i have it somewhere.

Thanks for the help guys...

The check valve is going to look something like this:

2013-02-23_010206_vacuum_check_valve.jpg

There are differences in the different years, and whether you have AC or not. Some do not have the vacuum reservoir.

Thanks Mark, at least i have something to look for. I will get in there this weekend and look. I will get back to you guys and let you know what i see.

Thanks Guys

mine uses the check valve, and it's located on the firewall close to the trans dipstick tube.

I think i found it (thanks to you guys) its all black and it still attached to the vacuum line on the motor, thats waiting to be rebuilt. I took a pic but cant figure out how to get it from my album to photobucket yet. However i am still working on it.LOL