Any LSx or Fuel Injected Monte's here?

Arvizu9618

I'm thinking of building a '71 with an LS1/T56 combo...anyone else done anything similar?

Any tips or gotchas to look out for?

Thx

RT

There's a few guys in the club that have done the LS swap. From what I've seen, expect this swap to cost A LOT more than you anticipate if you want the car to run right.

• 1 month later...

I put a 18,000 mile LS1/4L60E in my 72 Monte and LOVE it. I used a set of Dirty Dingo aluminum motor mount brackets and set the mounts to the furthest back position which allows the alternator to clear the engine crossmember and the factory oil pan cleared fine as well. I moved the crossmember to the correct spot and drilled new holes for it. For a drive shaft I was able to used a stock fourth gen Monte driveshaft with a conversion rear U-joint and it is all fine. I used some cheap EBay shorty headers but the factory F-body manifolds cleared everything just fine. I did find a replacement fuel tank with an in-tank high pressure fuel pump, it feeds the engine fine but even with the internal baffles if I am below half a tank and try to take corners hard it will starve for fuel.

next week I am headed to the gm dealer to secure ls3 376/480 for my project. Thought I would get the big$ item out of the way so i can get proper placement in the bay...bring on the chequebook