radiator core support

jvssmail

• 2 weeks later...

have most of it back together, doing a little at a time so I get it all correct. Just wasnt sure about the bushings that attach it to the frame rails. The originals were rusted up pretty badly so I had to replace the whole assembly. I purchased a new poly bushing kit for the car as well a bolt kit but I believe there are still some parts I need, looks like there should be some type of sleeve or insert that keeps everything tight. Also there were no washers in the bolt kit that seem to be correct in size especially for the top of the bushing when I tighten it the upper poly seems incorrect so Im thinking either a larger washer on top or a sleeve inside . Trying to find a diagram but so far have not been able to.

Was it an Energy poly kit? Because mine was and there were no insert collars for the core support with it, or washers. confused

[edit] Nevermind, just looked at a pic of the kit and realized that they are still in Dads garage! rofl I wasn't there when he did the rest of the body mounts, and he's not around to ask anymore...so most of this car has been a lot like, well, finishing someone elses project car that you didn't get to take apart! First was eek then... crazy then... cool