Headlight issue tonight....

LostnFound

I hear you get dimmer with age..er I mean the dimmer gets corroded and has to be lubbed kicking

A good electrical contact cleaner (sell it at CTC) will do the trick to keep it from that problem for many MOONS to come!!!

Scott

Thanks for the tip Scott....I'll do just that. smile By the way, your car sounds awesome now after the work you did to it. It sounds mean. I watched and listened as you pulled in to the Show on Sunday and just smiled when I realized that all that rumbling was from you. smile Great work!

Thanks Larry means a lot. Still working out a few gremilns.

The starter bolt (inbound) on my mini starter fell out between the park and Ultramar on Wed night and had to get it towed home. Meanwhile the Mustang was in the garage getting a new thermostat housing. needless to say late Saturday afternoon got it pushed into the garage and up on stands. Found the bolt GONE and reason starter had moved and not enaging the flywheel...OK...so new bolts checked the shim again and varoom!! All seems good again. Had time to install my blue dots in the rear today...small gasket leak on the new chrome water neck but a new o ring should fit that up. And need to find a tranny leak??? I suspect the dipstick tube!!! Always more to do, but yet getting it dialed in just get that all in order and should help with my heat issue (and a 180 thermostat).

But the Mustang so far has not found any so fingers crossed for the next couple of days...

watch that chrome water neck with an o ring, I have one of them, has leaked since I bought it, whether I used an o ring, gaskets, it warped so bad I had to resurface it on a belt sander, the only way I got it to stop leaking was with silicon gasket sealer and let it set a full 24 hours to completely cure

Thanks Larry yes have been. Now going at the garage tomorrow and drained the air compressor and put in fresh synthetic oil tonight. Also need to plumb up my air dryer and then sand blast cabinet in the front corner. Lot of work to do before the COOL weather sets in for good. I want to be ready for winter to spend my nights and weekends there and get something done this winter wink

Scott

Yeah SAM tomorrow I am going to take it off (got side tracked last weekend) as I have a new o-ring. If I cannot get it to stop without the RTV (it worked last time but it was on a cast iron intake) I may try the belt sander IDEA. OR I can put on the OEM part in it's place. I have a HIGH FLOW 180 thermostat to put in it's place as well so we will see how that goes. I also need to check the check valve on the brake booster. I put on my new vacuum canister with this rebuild and still don't have a lot of extra vacuum after 1 stop at the light. It is idling about 750 in gear but I have not found a decent vacuum gauge to put on it to check (or rather can't find one around here that is not an arm and 2 legs for the $).

I also have a mysterious transmission leak I need to solve too!!! does not seem to come from the usual suspects and the OIL PAN is dry no oil leaks found below the car (so far) and no coolant other then the thermostat housing (what is it with me and Thermostat housings?) lol

Oh well it will all get sorted and then I can put tunes in my Monte and enjoy a nice LONG cruise with a nice health rumble and AC/DC cranked!!!!

Scott

I think the issue with chrome water necks is the chrome itself. Like paint, the gasket has a hard time getting a grip on something so smooth. I've had good results by putting sandpaper on a flat hard surface and rubbing the housing over it to remove the plating/give it some tooth. That trick isn't going to do much good inside an O-ring groove, though.

Maybe a standard type gasket will work instead of using the O-ring?