To electric Water Pump or Not....

Will

Budget is alredy in the red but the wife gave me the go ahead to get her on the road. I need a new water pump. All one is just a bit beat up and not worth the weak point. I like the idea of electric, but at almost double a performance mechanical is it worth the hassle? Anyone running electric? Preferences?

So what mechanical pumps are you guys running? STock? I was looking at some edelbrock victor series and can see the holes for my accessory bracket

I also say do not go electric. I put a 502 in my car and the motor came with an aluminum short style pump which does not have the accessory holes so I just put my original 41 year old "stock" long style steel one from my 402 on it...not a problem.

I looked at electric ones for a while and everything I read said not good for the street...eventually I will put a high flow aluminum one on my car.

Stewart Stage I mechanical pump (cast iron). Great pump! Ran one on my old 385 never an issue. On the new mill I have a stage II (aluminum) and again zero issues. Make sure that the rest of your cooling sysytem is up to par. Radiator, fan, fan clutch, shroud and t-stat.

David