trying to get a grip on 72 custom production #

72jrfan88

I just looked at the 72 brochure and the sport steering wheel came on custom model if you ordered comfort tilt.. according to the manual the custom was mainly set apart by the wire wheels (but you could get ralleyes if you wanted)and convienance lighting..out of all the boxes to check options nothing about lighting is mentioned unless you ordered a custom apparently

Does anyone in the Club have a 72 Canadian Built Custom with the Z03 on the cowl tag? My Canadian Built 71 SS has the Z20 code on the cowl tag.

Ask and you shall receive, cowl tag and build sheet (Canadian "broadcast sheet"?) are from 2 different cars so don't kill yourself trying to decifer if one jives with the other lol

IMG_20130316_154307_zps839966ef.jpg

IMG_20120918_095929.jpg

IMG_20120918_095942.jpg

IMG_20120918_095953.jpg

only canadian built have the coded cowl tags, i have a 1969 SS chevelle that has every option on the cowl tag , big block bucket seat 4 speed SS , They almost ran out of room on the tag , the one exception being Kansas built us cars had cowl tag id for the ss monte chevelle and malibu models i know for sure

Leo

• 2 months later...

I have heard from someone who purchased their 72 Custom 454 new from the dealer that they were told that they could only get the 454 Custom in black or green. Seems odd that Chevrolet would limit the colour choices. Any thoughts on this?

I also heard montes in 72 had th o be special ordered f you wanted a triple black custom. Ive seen 454 customs on ebay in tan /saddle, but it could have been repainted. My custom is the 350 and factory color is pewter silver but I think any color could be ordered. Maybe someone else can chime in

• 1 month later...