Nice convertible project. Hard work completed.

Sure looks like a promising project for the right person (Vaughn Peeples)!

Don't know what he plans on getting out of it but if left enough wiggle room, it could be doable.

At minimum, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Cowl Hood......As for the car, way outta my league! frown

Doug

If I remember correctly ….. Mike Strinich (FGMCC member) sold this one as it is in pic for $12-13K a few years back.

Mike Strinich's 72 Convertible

Mike's had custom wheels and full repaint. All it needed was the details. This was the second or third convertible Mike built. It to was built using a cutlass donor car to avoid the bulges in the quarter panels to go over bulges in chevelle/lemans qtr bracing.

Now that I look at Mike's …. this guy is a bit high without fresh paint.

Dan

After reading his description, a 4 speed manual tranny was added, frame taken down to bare metal and painted, Chevelle correct functioning cowl hood added along with engine upgrades are a few things done other than the Convertible modification. Says he has $25,000.00 invested in it. He states it is a true 1972 Custom (Z03) and all the mods were done absolutely correct.

It will be interesting to see where it tops out or if surpasses his reserve.

Doug

Doug

Nice car, still needs work but for $20,000 he is out to lunch compared to what I paid for mine and its done and also done right. He also says "you can't use Chevelle parts on these" ? That hood sure looks like it from a Chevelle and my car does not have the bulge quarters and was not a cutlass donor. I used tons of chevelle stuff on mine, This is one of Mike cars I believe as well. its a great start but the $$$$ have to be right to get it. yes there is over $25,000 to get it where it is but you can't sell it for that price in its current shape..

Darren

JMO…..