Can never find what I am looking for

vacavillebob

Hi everyone: Every time there is something I know has been shown on this site, I go to search and type in what it is I am looking for but to date I have never been able to find a single item yet.

This time I know there is a discription of how to remove the dash. But I can not find it in search. I am trying to find out how much I need to remove to replace the clock with a tach and to replace the lights with LED's. There are about 3 lights I can not get to even if I drop my steering column. So I need to pull the dash.

Can anyone tell me where this discription is on pulling the dash. Thank you, Bob

I think this is the Post your looking for Bob. Did mine a couple years ago for similar reasons. A good opportunity to refresh/change gauge lens, circuit board along with your original goals.

My 1st time removing and will advise, take lots of pics of procedures removing, they will come in handy when re installing. I also re sealed my vent connections as they were badly deteriorated. Don't forget to remove radio window antenna also if you have one.

Dash Removal

Best of luck......

Doug

Hi everyone: Every time there is something I know has been shown on this site, I go to search and type in what it is I am looking for but to date I have never been able to find a single item yet.

This time I know there is a discription of how to remove the dash. But I can not find it in search. I am trying to find out how much I need to remove to replace the clock with a tach and to replace the lights with LED's. There are about 3 lights I can not get to even if I drop my steering column. So I need to pull the dash.

Can anyone tell me where this discription is on pulling the dash. Thank you, Bob

Bob, you are using the Advanced Search function and you are setting the Date Range to 'Newer that 8 years', correct? If not, you will only search the posts from last week...

Bob, you are using the Advanced Search function and you are setting the Date Range to 'Newer that 8 years', correct? If not, you will only search the posts from last week...

Exactly, the most common mistake. I always us the advance search and zero out the "Newer than" section and fill in the "Older than" section with a date just prior to when I think it might be. It also helps to fill in the "Display Name Search" with a person's name who may have been in that thread.