Converting auto too 4spd

V8Freak

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered the shift plate and z bar bracket today so fingures crossed, Im going too test got the bracket with my comp plus shifter if it does the trick I'll order the shifter you guys have suggested

I believe when Leo said solid mount I think he was talking about at the ends where the crossmember meets the frame. You might have to go with a crossmember like this FCM-88N_373x280.jpg

I have one of those solid mount crossmembers that came out of a 64 chevelle, dont know if there the same. It was a standard shift car and at one point in it life it had a big block 4 speed in it.

• 2 weeks later...

So still waiting on my parts lol. Another question I have is pedal mounting, so my original brake pedal mount doesn't look like it will work. Any of you guys that have done the conversion have any advice on how you solved this?

• 2 months later...

So I got that bracket installed and it helped a bit but there is still contact with the shifter assembly and the hump so that didn't fix the problem. I'm only other option now is buying the hurts comp shifter and cross my fingures that it will work but I'm swaying too the side that it will not work unfortunately. May just have too go with original 4spd cross member and originally [you said a naughty!] linkage setup frown